Wool Laundry Workshop
This workshop is for anyone ready to scour their raw fleece.
Pre-Requisite: Fleeces brought to this workshop must be classed and skirted ahead of time. If you're not sure how to do this, please sign up for Have You Any Wool?, and we'll do it together.
Class DescriptionAt the Wool Laundry we will:
- Learn about scouring sheep wool effectively for a variety of uses.
- Scour your own pre-skirted fleece in our washroom, and learn what to expect from your fiber in the process.
- Learn about the range of lanolin content, cleanliness and yield across a variety of breeds.
- Hands-on experience and techniques will give you confidence to wash wool effectively at home.
- Class time is 3 hours.
- Space is limited and reservations are required.
Classes will be held in the Scouring Room at
Abundant Earth Fiber Mill (map).
6438 Central Ave., Clinton, WA 98236